These rules changed my life and I hope they will also change yours! 😀
- Eat 5-6 meals a day every 3 hours, do not snack between the meals!
- Throw away wheat from your diet! I would extend this point to eliminating gluten, but there are various theories. Even though I do not suffer from coeliac disease, I made an experiment and after a month and even after a week I felt much better. I also recommend doing such a test on yourself. If you do not feel the difference in your self-being, digestion, if your belly is not flatter, do not stop eating oatmeal for breakfast. Every organism is different.
- Eat fruits only in the morning, avoid them after midday, unless you want to eat them after strength training in order to replenish glycogen.
- Throw away white sugar and buy stevia instead (GI = 0!!!) or xylitol for baking. AVOID PORODUCTS WITH HIGH SUGAR CONTENT, read labels! Often in many inconspicuous products, there is more sugar than in Willy Wonka’s factory.
- Do not avoid fats, but reach for the healthy sources: linseed oil, ground linseed (best to grind it yourself, it will save more omega-3), fish (salmon), coconut oil, nuts, cashew or almond butter (certainly best version is homemade ;)). Take cod-liver oil in order to maintain proper amounts of Omega-3, but do not exceed your daily needs – 1g/day.
- Drink minimum 2-3 liters of water a day.
- Limit dairy products. Humans are the only mammals that drink milk from outside their own species J Avoid lactose. Most of the people have difficulties digesting it, especially women. Cow milk can be replaced with least-calorie almond milk or quinoa milk (without sugar). You may also eat Ghee butter (clarified butter) and curd cheese, which does not contain lactose or contain only its trace amounts. Both these products work well for our bacterial flora, BUT pay attention to the curd cheese you buy – chose only the one in eco-shops in papyrus by weight, which does not have a long best-before date. Unfortunately, the cheaper “curds” undergo special thermal processes, which prolong the expiry date, but dispose them of bacterial cultures.
- Eat carbohydrates, but only the healthy ones, not modified: millet groats, rice, beans, quinoa, amaranth. SWEATCORN OUT! Do not exaggerate with the number of meals with processed carbohydrates, which have a considerably higher glycemic index. Avoid ready-made muesli, fitness oats (they have nothing in common with fitness). Apart from this, grind oats to flour yourself and instead of instant products, chose the regular ones.
- Do not be afraid of salt, but choose a more healthy alternative, e.g. Himalayan salt. Certainly, we eat everything in moderation.
- During reducing diet you do not need to abandon sweets J It will be enough to replace certain ingredients in a recipe with their more healthy alternatives and follow the previous 9 points 😀 In a simple way, you may make a chocolate only from “legal” products J: coconut oil, cocoa, xylitol, nut butter and any additives according to your preferences such as goji berries, nuts. We melt oil with butter in a pan (2 spoons of oil and one teaspoon of butter), and mix with the rest of the ingredients (1 spoon of cocoa, 1 spoon of xylitol, but you may try your own recipes), we pour the mass into a mold and put into the fridge for an hour. There are hundreds of such recipes on the Internet. On this blog, I will share my favorite recipes with you, also of my own authorship, which I make available on my culinary blog and Instagram J Kisses :* <3